The "Bucket List" idea comes and goes with me. As of today, here is my official list. It isn't really for "before I die," but for the next decade or so. Last time I did this and took it seriously I had a great decade.
- Publish at least one of my 5 book projects.
- Get back into shape.
- Have a real emergency fund.
- Get one of my children to the stage of being self-supporting.
- Buy and maintain a home of my own again this time with built-in bookcases and a red room.
- Have my own home office with more built-in bookcases.
- Spend a year in the U.K.
- Visit the homes of T.R. and F.D.R. and Eleanor
- Meet someone I regularly post on my Tumblr blog.
- Learn to take a half-way decent photo.
- Buy a Ford Mustang.
- Go to cooking school in Tuscany or Sonoma County
- Meet one or more of my favorite authors.
- Learn how to sing enough that I don't embarrass myself.
- Return to learning German.
There are other things--a long, long list of Museums and historic sites I'd like to visit, for example. (This summer I was in the right end of Tennessee, but couldn't stay long enough to go to Biltmore, for example.)
Feel free to leave a comment linking your own list, or just leave a comment with a few items on your list.