Monday, December 05, 2011

Another good year-end book list!






Last week, we looked at the New York Time's 100 Notable Books of 2011 this week it's the Christian Science Monitor's book list! And, again, avid reader that I am, I've read only ONE title on the list. You can read more about them at the CS Monitor Books Page.

Binocular Vision by Edith Pearlman

The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obrecht

Once Upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett Click here to read the review I posted earlier this year.

Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach

IQ84 by Haruki Murakami

The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

Nightwoods by Charles Frazier

The Cat’s Table by Michael Ondaatje (waiting for me at the library)

Doc by Mary Doria Russell


How about you? Did you love, hate, "meh" any of these titles? Leave a comment!


All of these booklists are inspiration for my own list of best books of 2011 and my utlimate pick of the MUST READ BOOK FOR 2012. I'll post these after Christmas!

4 comments:

dstb said...

I have yet to read a single one. I have heard of half of half of them and have the following on my TBR list:
The Tiger's Wife
State of Wonder

I think I will add:
The Cats' Table
Art of Fielding
Once Upon a River

Thanks for more ideas!
Sarah

dstb said...

Oh, I thought the author of The Cat's Table sounded familiar. I have another by that author on my TBR list: Running in the Family.

Sarah

Jeanne said...

I've read one as well - 1Q84. It was good. Not his best book, by far, but still good. In need of some major editing, iMHO.

The Tiger's Wife is on my Christmas list.

Hopewell said...

Jeanne-good to know on IQ. Let me know how Tiger goes....