Thursday, October 20, 2011

Two Words: BUY IT


If you read this blog regularly, you know most week's I participate in "Menu Plan Monday" over at the blog "I'm An Organizing Junkie." Laura Wittmann, PRACTICAL organizer extrodinaire (you won't find multi-thousand-dollar custom built closets at her site!) has published her wisdom in a great new book. I'm very ASHAMED to say that, having been burnt by other blog-to-book books, I waited in line for this one at the library. I will be remedying that ASAP. This book is too valuable. I'm sure it will be my bridal shower "go-to" gift for years to come--it's that cool. Just like Dave Ramsey's class, this book should be required reading for all engaged couples!

For those of us to whom organization is not innate, this book has to be the #1 Beginner's class in home and life organization. Every single one of the 101 tips in this book are free or very cheap, easily doable and--best of all--they WORK! No degree in architecture, no upper-6-figure income needed, either. The book is perfectly sized to toss in your purse, briefcase or diaper bag for those minutes spent waiting in traffic or at the orthodontist. You can use it as a to-do list for organization.

Although I follow her blog religiously,have adopted many of her suggestions and posted results from my own home in many of her online challenges, I still got so much out of this that I have a whole new approach to a few problem areas in our home. I especially like #30 "If you don't like something, change it or stop complaining." There will be changes posted from my own home--SOON! Look forward to them! Hold me accountable. And, in the meantime, go buy this book!!! Money very, very well spent!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So nice, thanks Lisa, you've totally made my day today! So glad you liked it :)

Laura

Hopewell said...

You're welcome! Thanks for all the helpful inspiration!