Tuesday, July 06, 2010

What We're Reading

I'm to a point where I love the characters and don't want anything to happen to them!! I have to keep reading--it's so compelling. I loved Handle With Care and had the same feeling when reading it! Perfect book for the long holiday weekend--too bad I have only had a few hours to read!House Rules by Jodi Picoult



A cat the size of a labrador retriever, an annoying sibling and parents from Mars--just the book B needed to finally get lost in print again! She and her friend were giggling over it last night. Glad that she's reading anything. Public school too away any desire to enjoy anything related to learning this year. But, she gets to be a cheerleader............... Angus, thongs....... by Louise Rennison.



Mma Ramotswe and MMs Makutsi are back solving the intriguing problems brought to them at the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency in Gabarone, Botswana! I LOVE this series--but especially on cd! Lisette Lecat is a MASTER of African dialect and provides superb, believable, voice characterizations of each character! I'm always sad when I finish one of these--sad for Malawi, which I still miss, sad for the "friends" who are gone till the next novel comes out. Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith from Recorded Books.

I came home from Half-Priced Boos with a stack of impulse buys. I've been doing GREAT with not buying books till now! Hopefully some good reads to post about later in the summer!

3 comments:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

Jeanne said...

Buying books is great therapy. Maybe I'll buy some this afternoon.

Jeanne said...

Ah yes, that reminds me that you recommended the McCall Smith books set in Scotland. Maybe I'll look the first of them out.