If TLC is going to keep the Duggars "18 Kids and Counting" on for a while longer then, along with a courtship, I'd like to see any of these happen:
1. Gillian McKeith of BBCA's "You Are What You Eat" comes by to change their diet....Aldi stores stock would plummet, but....
2. Sarah Ferguson, the former Duchess of York, comes by to help Jim-Bob with Weight Watchers and then goes gushing on about how great her ex and his Mum are.....
3. Supernanny Jo-Jo comes to teach Mom and Dad a thing or two about letting kids think for themselves and get the homeschooling better organized!
4. Wasted! comes and gives them an idea of how many ga-billion disposable diapers they have used and just what their carbon footprint is. Prince Charles and Al Gore come by to help them with their goals. Kirk Cameron comes over to show the boys that Real Christian Men DO, in fact, wash nasty diapers!
5. The Victory Garden guy and/or someone from Mother Earth News comes and teaches them to grow real vegetables. We follow the garden all year and Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter come by to bake healthy veggie pizza and other good stuff. THEY give the Duggars THEIR excellent book signed and everything.
6. Some very successful homeschoolers [I especially think of some of the ladies whose blogs I like] come and help them break out of the mindlessness of their computer & wisdom booklet schooling! The older kids are introduced to real, accredited Christian online college programs.
7. The NY Times no-knead bread guy comes by to lighten the girls load by teaching them to make sprouted-wheat no-knead bread [I read somewhere that the Duggars are among that wing of Christianity that grinds wheat and bakes bread (which does sound like some really good bread--and I mean that sincerely!)] He'll force Jim-Bob and the boys to bake some too!
TLC's "18 Kids and Counting..." feature the Duggar family is tonight at 9. Tater Tot Casserole or bbq tuna fish sandwiches, served on paper plates of course with a side of Mt Dew is not mandatory, but makes it more fun. So does using terrible grammar and eating deserts made out of chemical whip.