Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Last few poolside books


Notting Hell pokes fun at London's trendy uber-rich neighborhood. A full cast of characters and an appendix "Notting Hill for Beginners," makes this a good poolside read! Having lived in a local version of Notting Hill, I've laughed till I nearly peed over this one! Updates the 80's "Sloane Ranger Handbook" in a way. Just as comical, just as accurate. I may check out her other book, Shire Hell, too!

I posted earlier about A Good Indian Wife, and it definitely lived up to, and even surpassed, my poolside expectations! One of the blurbs on the back said it's "an Indian Jane Austen" or something like that. The blurb was right! "Spot on" as they might say.... NOT TO BE MISSED!


I'm enjoying Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons in the care for the next week or so. It's longer than I normally pick for commuting, but it's just the right book for me at the moment. I'm really homesick for my friends in Indy after being there for 3 days on business. I would love to find a group of friends like these ladies! The only book club I've located in Nowhereville, OH is at the library and a) it meets on one of my work nights; b) average attendant was able to vote for FDR....

B is enjoying this one:


3 Willows
I was pleased that she asked if I'd pick a book for her again. It seems "most" of the books I pick are better than the ones she picks. hmmmm.....could be I'M A PROFESSIONAL & DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME?? lol... or that I don't pick books based on the cover having a photo of a cute Chihuahua??

No comments: