Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I'm reading and listening to this week

I'm on the last [say it isn't so!!!] "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" novel in the car right now. I'll finish it sometime later today. The whole series is soooooooo wonderful!!

I just finished:



Shattered Dreams. I am fascinated by Christian or Christian-influenced cults. I could probably blog on that alone. This was very interesting and I'm now waiting for both her second book and her "sister-wife's" book.

Now I'm thoroughly enjoying Dr. Neel's predicament in:

Very, very fun novel about a "been-to" Indian Doctor, returning home and finding himself set up with, what else? A Good Indian Wife. I can almost TASTE the samosas!

Another non-fiction choice that's been hanging around my list for a few years:



It's a little slow, but I'm in the early chapters, so I'll keep at it. Behind the Burqa

2 comments:

Susan said...

Shattered Dreams does sound good ... I'll put it on my list. I'm reading Crazy for God and enjoying it ... not sure how I feel about "Franky" though.

Hopewell said...

Franky is a bit full of himself IMHO, but then he is Fran & Edith's son!