This should be a cool post about the neat stuff I've done for myself! Or the pampering time I've taken in a hot bubble bath or.....but, this is MY blog and that doesn't happen here!!! Instead, I've taught 3 nights straight, done all the pre-class prep, driven to/from the ever dull Dayton, Ohio [don't flame me if you live there--it's probably better than the way I see it!] Still, I've been enjoying another "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" novel on cd. These make me miss Malawi--and it's hard to realize it's TWENTY YEARS ago in August that I landed there as a Peace Corps Volunteer!!
Otherwise, during the brief moments I've actually been awake at home this week I've done the following:
1. Picked up P's dirty clothes from the living room floor
2. Re-impounded his new basketball shoes in my closet pending the fall out from last weeknend [and NO, I won't be blogging about last weekend--go over to Bart's blog and you'll get the general idea, ok?]
3. Sat outside on the back step at 11 pm so my sweet little Cali-cat and her aunt, Candy Cane, could enjoy the fresh air and grass for a few precious minutes. The other two cats don't like to go out much.Cali--our wonderful little buddy!
Candy Cane--aka "Scar"--she's not found of her two little "nieces."
4. Laughed till I cried to read of the demise of J/K+8
5. Enjoyed the leftover pizza dip and breadsticks while watching one of the Williams sisters play at Wimbledon. I haven't watched tennis since the 80s.....
Tonight and Tomorrow--aka my last nights alone [till mid July] I need to:
1. Put actual sheets on the bed. I washed them Sunday and was too tired to care and still am!
[Nobody in this house to give me this nice surprise that Leonie enjoyed when she got home dead tired from a business trip.]
2. Throw out the leftovers in the fridge
3. Sit out on the back steps so Cali & Candy can be outside a little. I hate being a prisoner in my windowless office, so I do understand!