Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nice book to read at the pool

I found this one in the Chinaberry Catalog which is such an amazing resource for readers! It's a sweet romance with nifty mood-changing foods, an apple tree that lets you see the worst that can happen and a cast of characters you'll wish lived in your own neighborhood. Of course there's the requisite bad guy and obligatory [though fairly decently written] sex scenes. Only the "bad" guy uses "bad" words. There's so much to love and savor in this one that it's just perfect for your pool or beach bag and I KNOW, I KNOW, you'll give it to your best friend, cousin or book club when you are done. "Sweet" is just the word for it, but not "sugar coma" by any means. Too bad they didn't include the actual recipes!! [Maybe like the "Yaya Sisterhood" they'll put out an "enhanced" edition later with them!]

2 comments:

Leonie said...

I hadn't heard of this one - sounds different.I love novels that also include recipes - there is a detective series set in the UK that comes to mind...

Katherine said...

I loved this book! I have been trying to get my friends to have a book club with it, and with "Sugar Queen", her other book (also very good!).

I could easily read a sequel to "Garden Spells"...
:)
(browsed over from Lizzy's blog)